With the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer, we're starting to think about spring. (Or at least hoping that springtime is coming, anyway.) And whether spring arrives on time, we've got you covered with tips to get you ready for the season.
Get Ready for Spring
Although everyone thinks of cleaning when it comes to spring, there are a number of things you should do to make sure your home is ready when the weather in Upland and Rancho Cucamonga California changes. Below is a selection of maintenance tasks from the National Center for Healthy Housing (see the full list)
- Check to make sure your roof’s shingles are in good condition (stay safe doing that!), and check your attic for any possible roof leaks that should be repaired.
- Look for peeling paint and repair/touch up as needed.
- Check for signs of leaks at window and door sills and use caulking or weather stripping to seal.
- Clean your dryer vent and make sure exhaust ducts are clear.
- Make sure there are no puddles or wet spots in your basement or crawlspace.
- Look for signs of rodents, roaches, termites, etc. Call an exterminator if you suspect an infestation.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts.
- Clean air conditioner coils and drain pans.
- Check/replace the batteries your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Replace filters in your air conditioner and dehumidifier.
- Store winter heaters, ensuring that liquid-fuel heaters are completely emptied. These should be stored outside, if possible.
Contact Us !
If an annual insurance review wasn’t included in your New Year’s resolutions, why not get it done while you’re in the cleaning and organizing mood this spring? Your life changes over the course of a year – sometimes in monumental ways. That means your insurance needs can change, too.
At Kessler Alair we can work with you to make sure you’ve got the coverage you need, while at the same time utilizing all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just contact us or give us a call at 909-931-1500. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what’s important to you is protected! And remember we have 2 locations now, making it more convenient for you to take care of your insurance needs.